Anna Kornilova specializes in civil law, antimonopoly, corporate, licensing, subsoil and environmental legislation. She joined AEQUITAS in 2006.
Ms. Kornilova graduated in 2007 from the Almaty Academy of Law of the Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, international law faculty. In 2002, she completed one year studies in Washington, DC.
Ms. Kornilova is a member of the Kazakhstan Bar Association.
MOST REPRESENTATIVE PROJECTS
- All-round legal support in a project involving acquisition by a major Chinese investor of control over a subsoil user company owning a large oil field in the West Kazakhstan region, including transaction structuring, legal due diligence of subsoil use-related issues, legal support of transaction, drafting of transaction documents, and obtainment of consents and permits required for successful acquisition of the company.
- All-round legal support in a project involving acquisition by a major Chinese investor of control over a local legal entity owning a subsoil user company in Tajikistan, including transaction structuring, legal due diligence of subsoil use-related issues, legal support of transaction, drafting of transaction documents, and obtainment of consents and permits required for successful acquisition of the company.
- Advice to the Chinese power exchange as to regulation pertaining to attraction of Kazakhstan investors.
- Representation of a major Russian distributor company in connection with its entry into Kazakhstan. The matter involved project structuring, acquisition of local companies, legal support in setting up new companies and assistance in obtaining the relevant licenses, consents and permits, including antimonopoly consents.
- Advice to IOT, a world leader in drilling and seismic prospecting services, on various local law matters, including corporate structuring, acquisition of a Kazakh JSC shares, antimonopoly issues, negotiation of SPA and SHA with the local partner, drafting of the SPA, SHA and Option Agreement for the transaction in connection with the acquisition of control over KazakhstanCaspiShelf JSC. Advice to IOT on day-to-day issues after the acquisition.
- Advice to China ZhenHua Oil in connection with a USD 430 million transaction on acquisition of Kuat Holding Company JSC controlling a Kazakh oil company, including structuring of the acquisition, legal due diligence of Kuat Holding Company and its subsidiaries covering corporate and property matters, and review of business contracts.
- Advice to a Chinese company in connection with the acquisition of a subsidiary of one of Kazakhstan's major subsoil user companies.
- Advise to Conwell Oil Corporation on a range of matters, including deal structuring, subsoil use regulations, drafting of SPA and antimonopoly issues in connection with the acquisition of a participation interest in a Kazakh subsoil user company.
- Advice to an Indonesian national oil company on various local law matters in connection with a proposed acquisition of Kazakhstan subsoil user companies, including due diligence of subsoil use and financial matters and preparation of legal opinions on different aspects of local subsoil use legislation. The project involved preparation of a presentation on subsoil use regime in Kazakhstan.
- Advice to Kazakhstan Kagazy JSC in connection with the acquisition of Taraz Metallurgical Plant (a major producer of ferromanganese silicon), Arman-100 LLP and Saryarka Mining LLP (subsoil user companies), including due diligence of the target companies regarding property matters and review of business contracts.
- Advice to local and foreign investors in connection with the acquisition of companies active in the oil and mining sector, acquisition of oil assets in Kazakhstan, deal structuring, support consultations on Kazakh law matters, participation in the relevant due diligences and preparation of legal opinions on the transactions.
- Advice to Schlumberger in respect to subsoil use, local content, procurement and special economic zone matters and preparation of pertinent memoranda.
- Advice to Schneider Electric, a large German consumer electronics company, on various aspects of Kazakhstan legislation, including corporate structuring and antimonopoly issues in relation to the acquisition of 50% of shares in the Electroshield – TM Samara Group of Companies CJSC by Schneider Electric.
- Advice to Atomredmetzoloto OJSC, a Russian uranium company, on subsoil use, antimonopoly, currency control and other local law matters, including participation in the drafting of the SPA and other transaction documents in connection with the acquisition of Akbastau JSC and Karatau LLP, Kazakh companies active in the atomic industry.
- Participated in the representation of Coca Cola Bottlers JV LLP in a litigation against the Antimonopoly Inspection over unfair competition charges. Participation included analysis of the relevant legislation and case documents to provide opinion on the situation at hand and further steps to avoid amenability.
- Legal support in an antimonopoly project involving indirect acquisition of a Kazakh bitumen producer by Gazprom Neft OJSC, including overseeing of the communication with the client, documents and antimonopoly application.
- Advise to a major Russian railway company on antimonopoly matters in connection with a EUR 800 million transaction involving acquisition of a 75% interest in a major European railway company. Preparation of the antimonopoly consent application.
- Review of distribution, loan, lease, service and franchising agreements governed by foreign or Kazakh law.