Yekaterina Khamidullina specializes in corporate, labor and contract law. She is also highly experienced in project financing, real estate, healthcare, personal data protection and compliance matters. She joined AEQUITAS in 2012, after taking internship with the firm in 2011.
She is a respondent for the World Bank's legislation monitoring in the Doing Business ratings.
Kazakhstan Bar Association, Ius Laboris
|2012-present||AEQUITAS Law Firm – Senior Associate|
|2016||Central European University, LLM, Hungary|
|2014||Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, LLM, Kazakhstan|
|2012||Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, LLB, Kazakhstan|
Labor & Employment
- Participation in the due diligence of several large Kazakh companies, including due diligence of the corporate documents, assets, labor documents and the permitting documents required to conduct business in Kazakhstan.
- Advice to major companies on the Kazakhstan labor law matters, including with respect to procedure for hiring employees, amendment of labor conditions, grounds and procedure for termination of labor relations, remote work, personal data protection, salary payment and other issues.
- Drafting of employment contracts with different categories of employees, non-compete agreements, incentive payment regulations and other employer's acts.
- Conducted webinars for clients on the issues of the labor and migration legislation of Kazakhstan and personal data protection together with IUS Laboris (alliance of the leading law firms specializing in labor law matters).
Banking & Finance, Real Estate
- Advice to an international financial organization on restructuring of a loan agreement, pledge over movable and immovable property of a major energy company which is a natural monopoly entity.
- Overall legal support in the process of pledging immovable property of a major local company to Bank Otkritie Financial Corporation PJSC.
- Legal support in the process of registering pledges over movable and immovable property (shares, participatory interests, land use rights and other property) of local companies in favor of several foreign banks, and issue of legal opinions.
- Advice to Gazprom PJSC (transnational energy company) on transfer of movable and immovable property as part of the project involving restructuring of this company's business in Kazakhstan.
- Advice to foreign investors on power plant construction matters and obtainment of required permits.
- Regular participation in due diligence of major Kazakhstan oil, construction and pharmaceutical companies, including review of corporate and labor documents, company's assets, contracts with counterparties and required permitting documents for doing business in Kazakhstan.
- Advising on matters related to registration and liquidation of legal entities and their structural subdivisions in Kazakhstan, increase in the charter capital, reorganization of companies, change of shareholders (participants).
- Advice on dividend payment, procedure for approval of transactions and placement of information about corporate events of a joint stock company on the website of Financial Reporting Depository.
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Advice to transnational pharmaceutical companies (Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi, AstraZeneca, Santo Member of Polpharma Group and other companies) on various issues of pharmaceutical activities regulation in Kazakhstan, including expert examination, import, procurement, registration, circulation, sale and advertising of medicines, medical products and medical equipment.
- Drafting of different contracts for pharmaceutical companies, including a contract for the implementation of a patient support program, pharmacy chain services contracts, car auction contract, etc.
- Analysis of a major pharmaceutical company's standard operating procedures as to compliance with the Republic of Kazakhstan's legislation.
- Advice to Freight One JSC regarding issues of registration and record-keeping of freight rolling stock in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Legal support in the obtainment of a license to provide services in the atomic energy use area for General Electric.
- Legal analysis/drafting of contracts of various types and degree of complexity (supply, services, lease, pledge, trust, insurance, licensing agreements and other types of contracts governed by local laws).
- Regular advice to clients on different personal data protection issues, specifically, those relating to collection and processing of data (including localization of personal data in Kazakhstan), and drafting of the forms of consents to collection and processing of personal data.
- Advising major pharmaceutical companies on compliance with the Kazakhstan legislation on counteraction against corruption.
- Preparation of information memoranda concerning amendments to the Republic of Kazakhstan's current legislation.
Industry and Trade
- Advising on legal regulation over advertising in the Republic of Kazakhstan, including drafting of various contracts for the provision of marketing/advertising and advisory services.
- Advice to Shoppinglive on different legal matters of selling goods in the Kazakhstan territory using a TV channel and an online store.
- Advising companies on the matters of TV and radio broadcasting, VoIP telephony, technical regulation, product marking, advertising campaigns, etc.
- Advice on currency regulation and control matters, including compliance with the Kazakhstan legislation requirements on counteraction against legalization (laundering) of illegally gained proceeds and financing of terrorism.
- Advice on obtainment and issuance of the Republic of Kazakhstan Ministry of Energy's authorization to alienate the subsoil use right-related facilities in favor of Conwell Oil Corporation.
- Advising companies on a range of antitrust legislation issues.
- Preparation of notifications and applications on behalf of clients to obtain consent to economic concentration from the authorized competition protection agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Participated in the preparation and conducting of trainings on local antitrust law and advertising regulation in Kazakhstan.
Khamidullina Ye. A guide to how labour relations are regulated in the Astana International Financial Centre in Kazakhstan // Ius Laboris. – April 2020
Khamidullina Ye. The impact of the GDPR outside the EU. Kazakhstan chapter // Ius Laboris. – September 2019
Pestereva Ye., Tkach R., Khamidullina Ye. Lending and taking security in Kazakhstan: overview // Thomson Reuters. – November 2018
Khamidullina Ye. Remote Work: Issues and Particulars of Legal Regulation in Kazakhstan and Abroad // Legal 500. – December 2016.
Shaikenov V., Khamidullina Ye. Awarding Attorneys’ Fees by Kazakh Courts: Some Ambiguities. // Investors’ Voice. – 2014. – № 58. – p. 18-21.